November 24, 2005

Autism update

A sociologist writes:

I thought you might be interested in this. I was just looking at the child sample for the 2003 National Health Interview Survey. For N=12,249, there is no relationship between race and autism, nor is there one between either mother's or father's education and the child being autistic. Some folks over at Gene Expression evidently assume an association, but I ain't seeing it. I just wish they had info on type of parental occupation (verbal vs. quantitative).

This country really needs a crash program to understand what causes autism. But, then, can this country actually do anything on a crash schedule anymore? Every year that goes by, my childhood memory of Apollo 11 landing on the Moon way back in 1969, barely a quarter century after we had jet airplanes and only 66 years after Kitty Hawk, seems more and more like a dream. How in the world did the ancestors of the people running America today accomplish that so quickly?


My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

No comments: