January 16, 2006

"Isonomy"

I'd never heard this word before, but it means "equality of legal rights." A reader replies to my new VDARE article "It's the End of the World As We Know It" by raising this important issue:

What I want to know is, why are so many defenders of the prevailing dogma so invested in condemning dissenters, even going so far as to imply or actually accuse dissenters of hoping to use the facts as they interpret them to reverse the just social doctrine of isonomy, equality of every one unto the law? Do they honestly believe isonomy is impossible or a mockery if any innate differences among people are proved? Is their own putative devotion to isonomy that weak, shallow & dependent?

Good questions. I take a crack at explaining what liberals and neoconservatives are really thinking in the upcoming February 13 issue of The American Conservative [subscribe here].


My published articles are archived at iSteve.com -- Steve Sailer

No comments: